NEW DRIVERS LICENCE RULES 2015
From June 2015, the paper part of the UK drivers licence, will no longer be valid. You will need to bring in with you, your photo card licence along with a valid licence check code from the DVLA @ www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence
View your driving licence information
This service replaces the paper counterpart of your licence from 8 June 2015.
You can use this service to:
- view your driving record, eg vehicles you can drive, penalty points and disqualifications
- create a licence check code to share your driving record with someone, eg a car hire company or your employer
The check code will allow someone to see:
- what vehicles you can drive
- any penalty points or disqualifications you have
- your name
- the last 8 characters of your driving licence number
You can’t use this service:
- if your licence was issued in Northern Ireland
- to check the progress of a licence application
- to check historical information, eg expired penalty points or old driving licence entitlements
Book NOW for Summer 2018
We are seeing a great demand for car rental bookings over the summer period
We are getting especially VERY busy on all MPV vehicles, 7/8/9 seat and estate cars.
We will be FULLY booked over this summer
- Do not leave it too late!
Extract below from Travel News
The low availability stems from the widespread fleet reductions forced upon car rental companies in the midst of the global travel downturn of 2010 and thru 2016 Last year saw a reluctance by banks to finance new fleet purchases, leaving many operators out of stock after drastic cuts to fleets to survive the economic crisis. There was also a lack of buy backs from garages to leased vehicles that had provided much of the stock. The result is that in 2018, many hire organizations simply do not have the resources to meet demand.
Be very aware of fraud and cash for crash accidents.
Some usefull steps, you can take to minimise the risk.
- Never tailgate - Allow plenty of space between you and the car in front.
- Look beyond the car in front - If you see erratic driving up ahead, slow down and be ready to brake hard, remember you may be the intended victim.
- Carry a pen and paper - Take note and keep a disposble camera or mobile for taking pictures.
Concentrate on your driving - If you are distracted, by using a mobile phone or other device, this could harm you in any insurance claim.
What to do if you are involved in a suspect accident
- Stay calm - Think clearly and as with any accident dont admot liability.
- If you think another vehicle may have been involved, try and get the registration number and or description.
- Call the police - If you have any suspicions about the accident , or if anyone is injured.
- Use a camera or phone camera to photograph the immediate scene,road markings and any damage to the car involved.
- Count the number of occupants in the car - Numbers can grow in the days following an accident.
- Get the names, address and dates of birth of all occupants and note where they where sitting in the car.
- Look for independant witnesses - avoid anyone who is too enthusiastic , they may be in on the scam.
- Look for CCTV cameras in the area and tell your insurer as soon as possible, so they can try and gather footage.
- Share any concerns you may have with your insurer.
Call the confidential insurance fraud bureau (IFB) cheat line on 0800 328 2550 with any information, you may feel is relevant.
Keydrive and its insurers will investigate all claims to the full, we have a shared database with other rental companies and can look for any serial claimers.We will prosecute to the maximum, anyone suspected of insurance fraud.
Advice to passengers- Follow the links below for further information.